The Essay Competition for high school students has finalized
The Essay Competition which was launched by Georgian Society of Nature Explorers “Orchis” in the frames of the Keep Georgia Tidy Project funded by the Government of Sweden with the aim to promote environmental protection and the Sustainable Development Goals as they are perceived by the youth and to increase the engagement of the young generation has finalized.
The participant of the Essay Competition were high school students. The Competition began on 12 December 2020, and the deadline for the submission of the essays was 10 February 2021. Three themes were defined for the Competition:
1. Biological Diversity and Sustainable Development Goals
2. Climate Change
3. Dumpsites and Environmental Pollution
The competent Jury of the Competition assessed the essays submitted by students and identified the winners for each of the Competition theme.
3 winners were selected for the first place:
1. Eleonora Chania – Iv. Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
2. Anano Peikrishvili – Free University of Tbilisi
3. Saba Iobashvili – Ilia State University
3 winners were selected for the second place as well:
1. Nino Gochitidze – Batumi Navigation Teaching University
2. Gvantsa Dzidziguri – Iv. Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
3. Mikheil Serebryakov – Georgian Technical University
The winners will be awarded a monetary prize of 500 GEL and 400 GEL.
“Keep Georgia Tidy“ Project is being implemented by the NGO Consortium: Georgian Society of Nature Explorers “Orchis”, Keep Georgia Tidy and Greens Movement of Georgia/Friends of the Earth Georgia through funding of the Government of Sweden, with support of Georgian Ministries of Environmental Protection & Agriculture, Regional Development & Infrastructure, and Education, Science, Culture & Sport, and in cooperation with the Solid Waste Management Company of Georgia and Environmental information & Education Centre.